Sunday 5 January 2014

Dr. Organic Rose Otto Shampoo.

Somewhere in the first half of November I purchased the Dr. Organic Rose Otto shampoo.

A few weeks ago I got myself a back-up. Here's why:

Whenever I wash my hair with shampoo - about twice a week - my scalp gets dry and a little flaky (is that too much information?) for a couple of hours. I can avoid this by washing my hair CO. But since you need so much product and water to CO-wash, I wanted to try something different.
First off, I like the scent of the product, it has a really handy bottle cap and it is not tested on animals.
No Flakiness!
The bottle cap.


The shampoo cleanses my hair really well leaving it squeaky clean, but at the same time it doesn't leave my scalp dry (that means: no flakiness!) I find it to be so gentle that I don't even need to use a conditioner with it! 
My hair after washing it and letting it air dry.
Top: without flash; bottom: with flash.
Lastly, I want to talk about ingredients. Here's the list:
As the label says there isn't any SLS or parabens in there indeed. Further this list of ingredients may not mean that much to you so I made a comparison between this one and my previous shampoo on cosdna:
Comparison: left: previous shampoo; right: rose otto shampoo.
Not only does the previous shampoo contain far more ingredients than this one does, there are some in there that may not be safe in the long run. Note though that not every ingredient can be found in this database. There being no info is displayed doesn't mean it is safe! So I tried to find the missing ingredients of my precious new shampoo by entering alternative names for them, and found this:
That looks pretty decent to me!

So I like this shampoo for its fragrance, gentleness and -hopefully - safety. And that is why I repurchased it!

I wholeheartedly recommend this shampoo!
Sincerely,
R.