Sunday 14 December 2014

A review: alverde deodorant.

A couple of days ago, my sisters and I went on a little shopping spree. We wanted to go to a few places and get a some Christmas presents. One of our stops was a small place in Germany which is actually very close to our home. There are a few shops there like Takko fashion and Deichmann and others of which I forgot the name. We only entered two shops there though: a shop with all kinds of very cheap stuff, and the shop we were really there for: dm. We'd heard this drugstore (Drogerie Markt) had a lot more natural products than our drugstores and that products there were considerably cheaper. I didn't really need anything but wanted to try out a few new things. So I left the store with two deodorants that are both free of aluminium salts, and a bag of banana crisps.
That's an awfully long story to start a review with, so let's get started!
I wanted to test both deodorants well so this is a review of only one of them: the alverde deodorant in lime and sage. The other one will be put to the test later. I wanted to try these because I try to avoid aluminium in deodorants.
Packaging
It's a glass bottle with a spray cap on top. It looks clean and fresh, fine with me!

Ingredients
Alcohol*, Aqua, Triethyl Citrate, Parfum**, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Alcohol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Salvia Officinalis Leaf Extract*, Limonene**, Linalool**, Geraniol**,Citral**, Farnesol**
*ingredients from certified organic agriculture
**from natural essential oils
I checked these on cosdna.com where green and yellow boxes show up in the safety section, but no red is showing up. Also the ingredients that got the yellow code are at the bottom of the list, meaning that there's not much of those ingredients in the deodorant.

Scent
Well when you spray this on, it smells very much like citronella! It reminds me a bit of mosquito repellent to be fair. So it's very citrus-y and fresh.  I don't dislike the scent, but I don't particularly like it either

Test
I'm a bit in two minds about this deodorant. Upon application it sometimes causes a burning sensation. I assume that's because there's so much alcohol in there. But on the plus side: this deodorant is very effective at keeping underarms smelling fresh all day and night long!

Overall I like this deodorant, but I would make sure never to use it on irritated skin!
Sincerely,
R.