Monday 2 February 2015

A week's worth of food.

I decided to keep track of what I eat again for a week. Last time was in spring. It motivates me to eat more healthily because I know I'll publish it, and it's just nice to see it all written down and know exactly what I ate rather than having a vague idea about it. I also drink quite a lot of water before breakfast and throughout the day, but won't mention it, other beverages are always stated. And when I drink coffee it's always with a - big - splash of milk, but tea is just tea with nothing added.

Monday
I tried to eat healthy foods, but I got hungry at strange times throughout the day.
Breakfast
Not being hungry at all, I just ate a banana - which I could barely finish! - and had a cup of coffee.

Pre-lunch snack
I got a bit hungry so in an attempt to see me through until lunch, I had a piece of dark chocolate and a cup of coffee.

Lunch
After a bowl of soup my hunger was completely gone.

Snack
Of course I got hungry again between meals, so I had a raw sweet pepper with goats' cheese, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, and honey. And another cup of coffee.

Another snack
A mandarin orange and a pear.

Dinner
We had mashed potatoes with chicken and baked mushrooms, cauliflower, and garlic.

Sipping tea
I was sipping tea throughout the evening.

Tuesday
I wanted to make sure to eat a better breakfast so I wouldn't get hungry at funny times anymore. So I made a batch of coco(a)nut granola and had that for breakfast for most of the week. I was a bit stressed so I tried to cut back on the coffee by drinking from a smaller cup and not drinking too many of them.
Breakfast
Coco(a)nut granola with almond milk and a small cup of coffee.

Lunch
A banana, a mandarin orange, seasoned avocado, and a small cup of coffee.

Sipping tea
Had green tea with mint throughout the afternoon.

Tiny Snack
A handful of walnuts and three Brazil nuts.

Dinner
Mashed potatoes, cucumber, and pork with mushroom-cream sauce. My sister does know how to cook good food!

Wednesday
I was still rather stressed out and not very hungry. I tried to take it easy on the coffee.
Breakfast
Coco(a)nut granola with almond milk and a small cup of coffee.

Sipping tea
I had forest fruit tea throughout the morning.

Lunch
A banana and four buckwheat crepes with sirop de Liège.

More tea
Well need I say more?

Dinner
Chips, green beans and carbonade flamande. I had to google to find the English translation for that, here's the wiki-page if you care to know what it is.

Thursday
I needed to eat at odd times to make it to an appointment I had on Thursday. So I had a smaller breakfast and a bigger snack to see me through the early afternoon.
Breakfast
A banana and a small cup of coffee.

Elevensies/early lunch
Coco(a)nut granola with almond milk and another banana.

Tea time
Seasoned avocado and a cup of coffee.

Dinner
Soup and pizza. The soup was from a carton so not much of a healthy meal there.

Sipping coffee
Because I felt like it. I made some with a moka pot; yum!

Friday

Breakfast
Coco(a)nut granola with almond milk and a cup of coffee.

Lunch
Leftover pizza and soup (home-made soup this time, much better than store bought soup!).

Snack
A banana, a mandarin orange, some naughty leftover cake batter, and half a -small - cup of coffee.

Dinner
A meatball and delicious oven roast potatoes. A small cup of coffee for pudding.

Sipping tea

Saturday
Saturday was a busy day, so I did need to eat enough to get enough energy!
Breakfast
A banana, coco(a)nut granola with almond milk and a cup of coffee.

Elevensies
Chocolate coated biscuits and a cup of hot chocolate.

Lunch
A mandarin orange that was ridiculously hard to peel, a croissant and a small cup of coffee.

Post run snack
Another banana, some dark chocolate, a bit of nut mix and three Brazil nuts.

Dinner
Wraps with cucumber, maize, rucola, minced meat, cheese and korma sauce. This was very tasty and I had too much of it.

Sipping tea

Sunday
Breakfast
I wasn't hungry at all but I had a banana, a pear, and a small cup of coffee.

Elevensies
I had a small cup of tea.

Dinner
Chips and duchess potatoes with chicken and leftover korma sauce. My sisters ate all the veggies that were on the table so I had none. And I had a small glass of coke.

Snack
I got hungry again in the afternoon, so I made myself another wrap with things I found in the fridge and cupboard: Korma sauce, sweet pepper, rucola and pine nuts. And then I had the other half of the sweet pepper with goats' cheese, pine nuts, hemp seed and honey.

Sipping tea

Supper
Bread & cheese with coffee and a tiny bit of chocolate. I also had three Brazil nuts.

I feel like I can do pretty well as long as I'm in charge of the food, but this week dinner was almost always out of my hands.  I also had only one small glass of coke - I often have one a day. I have replaced a lot of the coffee I drink with tea, but I ought to eat those Brazil nuts on a daily basis, but I often forget!

So that was my week! Much better than the one before: I had cravings and a lot more unhealthy food - crisps and sugary popcorn and cookies - so do keep in mind that this does not represent my diet very well. As I said, keeping a food journal helps me make better choices and not having crazy cravings this week helped too!
Sincerely,
R.