Thursday 25 June 2015

A review: Essence lash princess volume mascara.

For the past nine months I've been using the same mascara, but as I ran out of it (and it's not available here) I was forced to try a new one. I always go for budget friendly mascaras and the one I picked is the Essence lash princess volume mascara. So let's take a look up close!

The packaging is lovely! It looks quite sleek being black and curvy. The tube is plastic, but the coral bits on the top are rubber, giving it a good grip.
Not unimportant is the brush! It' curved and has different lengths of bristles. Essence calls it a cobra-brush. It's not too big, which is a plus for me!
The product itself is quite wet and it made my eyelashes clump together dramatically! I remembered finding my previous mascara being too wet at fist as well, so I left this one open for an hour or so.
In terms of lasting power it does a great job! Once it's dried up it sits there all day, until you take it off again. I've been using the lash princess volume mascara for a month now and we're getting along better. It's dried out a bit more, and I've learnt that it works best for me when I apply it by brushing the mascara through my lashes with the longest bristles of the applicator, separating the lashes as much as I can.

Here are some before and after photos:


I only applied it to my top lashes by the way. So to conclude I'd say that if you like a lot of volume, give it a try, but if you're looking for a very natural, separated lash-look, there might be better options! I'd like to try the lash princess false lash effect mascara to see how different that is!

Sincerely,
R.