Saturday 20 June 2015

Two new Rituals products.

Again it's been a long time since I've posted anything here. I've been very stressed out a couple months back and needed to rest without feeling obligated to do anything. I didn't feel like writing, and the world wouldn't stop turning if I didn't!
But here I am again, writing a new blogpost! I wanted to show you two products from Rituals that I got recently, one of which should aid in relaxation!


I got myself the calming bed and body mist in a sale a few months back. I think the price was reduces because Rituals has revamped the Tao line. It says to be relaxing and help in falling asleep and meditation. It also promises to leave no stains. Look at this package; it's very pretty with those flowers on there! It says Yin (inner peace), Organic white lotus and yi yi ren.
The spray smells very light and airy, I like this smell. I enjoy using it although I don't know if it helps me fall asleep. I have good days and bad days - or rather nights- when it comes to falling asleep!

These are the ingredients:
AQUA / WATER, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, TRIDECETH- 9, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLIC / CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, LINALOOL, ALPHAISOMETHYL IONONE, COIX LACRYMA JOBI (JOB’S TEARS) SEED EXTRACT, EUGENOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, NELUMBO NUCIFERA (LOTUS) FLOWER EXTRACT
There's more fragrance in there than there is white lotus and yi yi ren. I don't like that kind of marketing even though all the brands do that, but in this case I don't really mind as it is a fragrance mist rather than a skincare product.
I do like this spray and I've used up about a quarter of it already!
Not much later, my mum gave me this scented candle as a gift. It's called sweet sunrise and it came in a nice looking package too. It smells of sweet orange and cedar wood, which makes for a very warm scent. It smells similar to (or the same as?) the body cream from the laughing buddha line: amazing!
I didn't realise at first, but it says something on the glass: "A life filled with wonder is a wonderful life." It becomes more visible as the candle burns up, which by the way it does very slowly so it lasts a long time! Love this candle, thanks mum!

If you plan on purchasing something from Rituals I'd recommend both of these, and they make nice gifts too!

Sincerely,
R.